As I mentioned earlier, a good buddy of mine has joined Shadestorm Productions. He is also going to be in charge of all the hosting for our site, and I'm planning on helping him develop parts of his personal site. Here's a tip though, if ever offered the opportunity to work with PHP, make sure you've got a strong constitution...
A few things I'd like to cover for my fans(if there are any) in this news post:
- My group, founded by Jaxh and I, Shadestorm Productions is going to get a website, cool huh? A good friend of mine that I've known for a very long time had run his site (which is now down and needs fixing) from a hosting service that was really good to him. He's been a long time customer of theirs, and is on an unlimited plan which allows him to purchase lifetime subscriptions to an unlimited number of server slots.
- That being said, he's still getting acquainted to NG, and is now going to officially join Shadestorm Productions. I'll make a follow-up news post introducing my buddy.
- Working on a new game that should have been finished ages ago. Having lots of work is the opposite of having lots of fun, so that's my reasoning for that. As usual, it'll feature music by Jaxh, and coding by myself, possibly our new group member will do artwork, if we can't meet to collaborate before the coding is done, then I'll cover the artwork.
- I guess to cover "Stuff" since I mentioned "New Members", "Site", and "Game", I'll say that, although I'm a bit busy right now, I'm still making GreaseMonkey Scripts, knugen, the moderator behind the original thread, made a new thread for post-redesign work, all of my scripts are linked to in that thread. I'm getting lot of requests for scripts, and I plan to cover them all.
- Also, almost totally forgot, my friend will be almost exclusively helping me, on the design/programming end of our future projects, to balance things out, Jaxh should also be recruiting a friend of his soon, in order to collaborate on music to make even better tracks for our work.
By the time I'm allowed to frontpage post again (14 days), our site should be somewhat operational, I'll post links when that happens. Also, if the game is not out by then, I'll have shamed myself and my ancestors.
Also, I have two competitions to present the student research I conducted, I know I haven't mentioned much about it at all, but I can't mention portions to the general public as parts of the project I was involved in are awaiting publication. At any rate, wish me luck (if you feel like it)
K, take care now,
Don't know how many of you stalk around General enough to know about the GreaseMonkey scripts for Newgrounds thread, but I'm fairly regular when it comes to submitting content there. I'm writing this news post to track the progress of a new script I'm making called Eagle Eye.
Below is a little video I did so show off some of the features in the current beta.
As for participating in the beta, if you're into GM scripts and want to give this one a try, you can download it here.
Stay tuned, I'll be using a series of news posts to document the development.
The image below was a teaser pre-search functionality
My washing machine broke. The repairman will be in next week.
Public laundromats suck.
The people in them are even worse.
I'm hoping to update this blog more often as I'm seeing more people taking interest in the work of ShadeStorm Productions, seeing as I am one of the two co-founders :)
I suppose for this front page post, I'll talk shortly about my second monitor.
I recently picked up a $9 cable to turn an old HDTV into a secondary monitor. I'm loving it, just need to figure out what I can do to improve the sharpness of the image, but still, my first ever two-monitor setup, I'm pretty happy with it.
By the way, what do you all think of the redesign?
What's up guys, Jaxh and I are bouncing ideas around for a bunch of new games, and when our schedules clear up, we'll be working hard to put out these exciting game ideas.
Since we've been calling ourselves "Shadestorm Productions" ever since our first joint project, we've made it official with the Shadestorm Productions NG Account. All our new collaborative work will come from that account, not one of us individually. Of course, Jaxh's music, my artwork, anything we do solo will not be there.
We know we haven't been all that active recently on NG, but if anyone out there liked our work on AMP'D, stay tuned, and most of all, thanks.
My Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM package arrived in the mail today.
My machine now boasts 12GB RAM and SCREAMS at lightning fast speed!
I am happy :)
After being tired of not having POP3 access from a free Yahoo Account, I took the time to move over to a better service (Hotmail, requires less personal info than GMail) and delete my Yahoo Account.
Just curious NG, what do you guys use?
I am no longer Oldsage10.
Im happy to break away from an MMO username I made years ago, new name looks boss and has no numbers!
Feel free to discuss...
Hi there Newgrounds,
I've got an interesting question to ask of you all out there. But first, let's get some back-story:
Recently, a good friend and I were having a little chat about computers, computer engineering, programming, software development, etc. My friend is, as you may have guessed, a programmer, like myself. His main interests lie in desktop application development, most of which he uses C++ for; and as for my development, I use AS3. So we got into the topic of Flash and AS3, and at this point, he began to tell me that its not a good idea to continue using Flash. I asked him why, and he basically said that he believes Flash and Actionscript will be dead in the near future and replaced by HTML5. We then began a long conversation on the positives and negatives of Flash and Actionscript, and a comparison to HTML5.
The end of this conversation resulted in each of us standing behind our own opinions of Flash.
He believes that HTML5 will completely overtake Flash, and that Flash and Actionscript will die out eventually.
I personally believe that Flash can not survive as a $699.99 USD IDE, however, the technology of Actionscript can and will survive in a more open-source medium.
I am also aware of the new features being launched in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, a refresh built in order to gear towards developers.
The new Creative Suite will somehow integrate HTML5 into development, and the new Flash IDE will have publishing options for Android, Blackberry, and iOS.
So, my question to you Newgrounds, is, what do you think the future holds for Flash and AS technology?
I'd love to see some interesting points of view on this.